8.23.2008

Here's one for you, Babe

August for us means chaos. With the start of school means the start of swim season. Because of the nature of my husbands business we run around to lots of the different high schools all over the valley and provide them with a suit fitting (the kids try on the suits and we make sure they're in the right size). Then once we have the sizes we order the suits, wait for them to be delivered and then, with some teams, get them embroidered. As you can see, with twenty something teams, this can be a long, complicated process. After having all of this stress and working 10-12 hour days six days a week for two weeks, I'm still amazed at how well Rob handles it. Most people, including myself, would be a walking zombie but not my husband. He still comes home every night so excited to see his boy. Plays with him. Helps me with his feedings and bath time. If it weren't for me knowing and experiencing how chaotic and stressful this time can be, I would have no idea that Rob had had a long day.

I still don't understand how men do it. Providing for a family is overwhelming enough but then having to deal with the stress of work and cranky customers/clients and then at the end of the day having to come home and take care of all the responsibilities of raising a family, it blows my mind.

Sometimes I feel so guilty for asking so much from my husband. I get into that self-pitty mode where he has no idea all that I do, but in reality, I have no idea all that he does. He keeps it all to himself. Never once complaining or feeling sorry for himself. Always wanting to make my life easier. That's what I need to do this next week, I need to do everything I can to make my husbands life easier for a change. Even if that means taking the trash out everyday or picking the weeds that are so needing to be gone before we get another fine from our HOA. Kindly putting his ten pairs of shoes that are scattered throughout the house back in the closet without giving him a lecture. Whatever it takes to show him my gratitude for his endless service and love for our family.

So my hat's off to you men, who day in and day out do all that you can to provide and care for your families.

4 comments:

Julie said...

You're the best wife! How thoughtful. . . I know I fall into that self pity mode. I'm always the one complaining, griping. . . so sure that my responsibilties are the hardest in the family. I like your determination to make this week easier for your husband. I think I'll give it a try too. . .

Deb said...

What a sweet post. You've inspired me as well to have a week of doing extra and not complaining about it.

Whenever I hear about other women with busy husbands I make sure to invite them over. School is starting for my hubbie tommorow, which means I become a single mom again for a while. Whenever you get bored or lonely on those 10-12 hour days, give me a call.

Tiffany Haynes said...

Oh, you're so sweet. I might just take you up on that. Luckily things are starting to slow down. I couldn't imagine having to do this all year. I would definitely be complaining!!

ConnieB said...

Yeah, I'd much rather do what I do than do what Tony does. SO knowing that I think I'll make life easier for him from now on.. thanks tiff (: