5.28.2010

So, there's this show called Lost.

My husband is absolutely obsessed with it and has been for the last four years. He heard from one of his podcasts about Lost (I wasn't kidding when I said he was obsessed) that there was going to be a finale party at the Orpheum Theatre in LA and the tickets were going to be free so of course we got some and enjoyed the last and final episode of Lost with two thousand other die hard fans. It was such a blast!!!


When we first got to the theatre their were a bunch of people taking pictures so we walked on up to see what all the fuss was about and it was Michael Emerson (Ben Linus-major character in Lost). We were seriously not even two feet away from him. So naturally I grab for my camera only to find that it had no battery. I was absolutely devastated!! Our one famous person encounter and the photographer leaves her battery at home. I couldn't not have any pictures of this so we ran down the block to a super ghetto store and bought a cheapo disposable camera. By the time we got back to the theatre Michael Emerson had already gone inside. Rob did get some pictures with a few of the smaller characters though, Lium- Charlie's brother and the lead singer in Drive Shaft, and Radzinsky-the architect of the Swan Station.


After we got some pictures we went to our seats and Michael Emerson had a question and answer session with the audience for an hour and a half. I was so impressed with him. He is nothing like his creepy, manipulative character. He was so witty and had us laughing the whole time. Very enjoyable!


Then they finally showed the finale! It was so much fun watching it with a huge audience. We all cheered, clapped, gasped and cried together. It made the whole experience so much more enjoyable. We loved the final episode and are so satisfied with how it ended! We are so happy that we were able to go and celebrate the ending of something that Rob has been so emotionally invested in for so long. We are so sad Lost is over but we are excited to start watching it again from the beginning. 


Our confused reaction during a commercial break.

I forgot how crappy the quality is of disposable camera's.
 Rob really didn't paint himself orange for this event, he's just a bit more tan than I am.



7 comments:

I AM JOE PESCI said...

You have no idea how jealous I am!

ConnieB said...

I'm glad you guys enjoyed it! I gave up on Lost long ago haha!

NO camera battery!? How sad! What about a camera phone!? That's like my 3rd backup in an emergency. (;

Madisen Wright said...

I am glad to hear that you guys had so much fun...because we sure missed you all in Idaho. Matt sure loved his Lost t-shirt...thanks!We love you!.....Julie

Tisdale Family said...

How awesome that you could go! I am sure Rob was freaking out. We are so jealous! Glad you guys had fun!

jen + scott said...

No fair! We loved it even though we had to watch it on our cheap-o tv that shows the picture crooked! It was wonderful even with our heads cocked to the side!

Deb said...

That is so cool. Looks like you guys had a blast. Ian and I have never seen a single episode of Lost. It's not really our kind of show, but maybe I should try to convince him to watch it with me sometime. 16 million Lost fans can't be wrong right? Must be good?

deborah b. said...

Im so glad that show is finally over (perhaps one day I'll watch it)! hehe!! but that is super cool you guys experienced famous people encounters and were able to be there with 100's of other Lost Finatics! FUN FUN!