11.01.2009

Cirque du Haynes

I love Halloween! It is by far one of my favorite holidays. This year we've had a busy week filled with lots of Halloween excitement. It started on Monday night, my mother-in-law threw a fun family party. It continued with a ward Carnival on Wednesday night and ended with a party we threw on Halloween. I love being able to dress up more then once. This year we were "Circus Freaks".

I was the "Bearded Lady", Rob was the guy who hammers nails into his face and Nolan was our little circus monkey, although he refused to wear his little hat so he was mistaken for pretty much everything besides a monkey.

At our family party the kids had a blast with all the fun games.

There was also a pinata that I missed taking pictures of because of a crabby child.

Nolan sneaked one of the apples the kids had already "bobbed" for. You can see the huge chunk already bitten out. He carried that apple around with him the whole night and actually made quite a large dent in it considering it was almost the same size as his head.

By the end of the night the kiddo's were tuckered out.

Sadly, I forgot to bring our camera for the ward carnival, but I definitely didn't forget take some pictures of the awesome costumes at our party. I was so impressed with everyone's creativity. That's what makes Halloween so much dang fun!


We had planned on having a pumpkin carving contest but these two were the only ones that ended up participating. Boy, were they into it.

It was so much fun to get dressed up and hang out with good friends, even though my husband wouldn't let me show Hocus Pocus at our party. Maybe next year.

13 comments:

ConnieB said...

Good times! Thanks for inviting us!! (:

Julie said...

That looks so fun. I love the circus costumes! One of these years I'll actually come up with a costume for myself instead of just working on everyone else's.

Alena Jo said...

You guys look awesome! What a fun party! I'd much rather have a Halloween party than send my kids trick-or-treating (they don't NEED all that candy)!

Such fun to see your guests costumes, too!

Deb said...

So much fun. Your circus costumes are awesome - so creative. My other fav's were the humpty dumpty and geico money one - funny!

Anyways Happy Halloween

Deb said...

p.s. Hocus Pocus is my all time favorite Halloween movie. I tried to watch it with my kids last year, but then ended up turning it off because they sayt the word "Virgin" about a million times and I didn't want to have to explain what that word meant to them. (:

Tessa said...

very cute tiffy!!! your costumes turned out really good!!! nolan was so cute! why didn't rob let you play Hocus Pocus? thats by far the best movie ever!!!!!

The Rogers said...

Thanks for the fun party!!! I too loved everyones costume!!!

deborah b. said...

Halloween IS great! It was fun seeing you and everyone else... I love parties and get to togethers!

angela hardison said...

i LOVE your costumes. and hocus pocus! haha.

also, i think she already contacted you, but i sent my sis-n-law to you for photos since you do such a great job :) i'm to make a christmas card for them with a photo by tiffany on it!

Nancy Pitney said...

Your friends are just as creative as you are. I LOVE the Humpty Dumpty and All the Kings Horses and Men--what a crack up! It looks like you had a good time. You guys know how to throw a good party!

Jayson, Kim, and Lotta Carlson said...

you are so creative! i love it!

Maurio said...

Yah I'm a little disapointed that we missed the party of the year. Sorry we couldn't come. It looks like sooo much fun. I love everyone's costumes. Your so creative as always. Next year lets plan a party the night before Halloween. K it's the a plan!!

Chandra said...

your such a good little party thrower! thanks for doing it last minute. it turned out great. im so glad we have good friends :) ps i stole the group picture for my blog.