11.04.2009

A cause to celebrate.


After a year of stress, worry, an endless amount of fasting & prayers, my husband has finally found a job! We couldn't be more relieved. We celebrated by having a steak dinner (thanks to Basha's, we saved over 30 bucks on these babies). Rob's parents are out of town, so it was just the three of us.

Words can't express the gratitude Rob and I feel, not only for this job, but to everyone who has been so supportive to us this last year. Many of you have helped us out by employing my husband with odds and ends jobs, others have prayed & fasted with us and the rest have been so encouraging. We appreciate all of you.

While this has been such a difficult, taxing year, we know, more then ever, that our Heavenly Father is aware of our needs. Through every high and low, we have seen the hand of our Father guiding us to the next step. Without the strength & peace that we have felt through the Savior, we know that there is no way we could have made it through this alone (or at least still married:). Our hearts are so full of love and gratitude.

Thank your for your thoughtful words of support. It is because of them, I feel open to share this with you all.

*Update- I guess I was, unintentionally, very mysterious with Rob's new employment. Drumroll please.....He will be doing tech support for i-phones!

14 comments:

ConnieB said...

Hooray! I'm so happy for you guys and that things are turning around. Heavenly Father really is aware- He knows what we need and are capable of overcoming.



I'm off to respond to your email!

Susan said...

Congrats on the job!

Ben and I bought steak at Bashas too but we saved like $64 or something ridiculous like that. There were 5 huge cartoon-looking steaks for $10. It was amazing...

My comment makes it sound like I was more excited for the steaks than Rob getting a job... Thats not the case at all. Thats totally awesome for you guys!

Kate said...

Hooray! Congratulations! I'm so happy for your guys!!! So where is he working now? Does that mean we get to have you back in our ward!? Oh pleeeeaaaaase!!! I sure hope so!

mad white woman said...

Yippeee! I'm so excited for you guys. I know the relief that comes when financial stress subsides and I know the fullness felt looking back and acknowledging answered prayers and God's hand in every day we allow Him.

So are you going to tell us what he's doing or just keep it a secret?

PS Awesome Halloween costumes.

Alena Jo said...

That is such wonderful news!! I'm so sorry you guys had to go through unemployment for so long. That's awesome that he found one! (It is in the area, right?)

Tiffany Haynes said...

haha! I wasn't purposefully keeping it a secret. I just always hear that "you shouldn't post too much personal info on your blog". So I didn't know if that qualified under too personal or not. Oh well, he's got a job working for a tech support company. He specifically will be helping people with problems on their i-phones. If you know my husband at all, that is right up his alley. And yes, it's still in the area. And no we won't be coming back to our old ward. We sold our home, so we're gone for good :(

Deb said...

Oh I'm so happy to hear that. What good news. Once Ian graduated he looked for a job for six months. Only half as long as you guys, but I feel like I can really empathize with what you went through and how you feel. Although you're amazing, it would be really hard to go through that for an entire year. Congrats.

I AM JOE PESCI said...

Awesome!

Tisdale Family said...

That is so awesome! I am so happy for you guys! I seriously started crying when I read that he finally found one! I bet you feel so relieved. I'm so happy for you guys!Tell Rob congrats!

Julie said...

Yeah!!!! I'm so happy for you. I love your sweet faith and sharing all you've learned. Its a strength. Are you going to say what he's doing? Will he still maybe do the photoshop class a couple times a year? I'm still interested I just can't do it that day at all!

Congrats!!!!

Nancy Pitney said...

Congrats! You know how happy we all are for you! Fingers crossed that the FAA thing will come through eventually!

Gena Susan said...

Congrats! So happy 4 U! XOXO

deborah b. said...

That is quite the cause to celebrate! Congrats to both of you! Way to stay strong and faithful!

Unknown said...

I am so happy for you. Not only that Rob found a job, but that you are able to see the good that can come from any bad situation.
Love you lots!